Saturday, August 11, 2007

SP11 Answers

Secret Pal 11 Answers

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I like to knit with soft yarn - usually wool, but I also like bamboo and silk and others.  I'm not usually a big fan of novelty or art yarns. 
 

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

Ziploc bags in a drawer - I probably should find a better option, but it works for me...


3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I'd consider myself an advanced knitter.  I've been knitting for 10-15 years.  I learned as a child, and then really picked it back up when my boyfriend (now husband) had me teach him. 


4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

yes I do have a list on amazon, I'll need to check it to make sure it's current.


5. What's your favorite scent?

I like light fruit and flower scents - I do light candles, but I have a ton right now - same with lotions.
 

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Yes.  Chocolate! I don't mind things in the chocolate - but no coffee, tea, or liquor. 
 

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I do spin, I've played around with wilton and citric acid dyeing.  I also crochet, and cross stitch, but prefer knitting.
 

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like a variety of music - I can play mp3s. 
 

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

I like earth tones and jewel tones.  I also like natural colors.  I don't really like neons or pastels.  I like most colors, although some combinations scare me ;)
 

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I live with my husband (who is also crafty), and two daughters ('Lily' is 5 and is starting to collect a stash and learning to knit, and 'Curly' is 3 and loves to help with anything fibery)  I'm allergic to cats and dogs, so right now we have a fish.
 

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I do wear them, I also like to make them.
 

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I do like socks, and lace.  I make a lot of baby blankets (with a little knit bear as a shower gift).  I end up making a lot of things for family members.


13. What are you knitting right now?

lace scarf, simple socks out of yarn pirate yarn (which I love), another bear, melon shawl for curly, Mystery Shawl 3, and a pair of socks out of handspun for my husband that I haven't actually started yet.
 

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

yes, as long as some thought went into it to make it right for me :)
 

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I use dpn and circular.  I like different types, my husband loves bamboo so i usually end up with something else.
 

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

I have a winder and a table swift and a meter - and various other things to make spinning and knitting and dyeing easier.
 

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

for yarn - the lace scarf - someday I will finish it.  for other things...  there's pieces of a quilt...  we won't get into that.
 

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Whatever one is coming up next...  although I don't really get into Halloween so much  - so thanksgiving and christmas. :)


19. Is there anything that you collect?

other than fiber, yarn and chocolate?  naw, not really...  I read a lot, so I have a ton of books, and I've been gardening a lot this season. 
 

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I do have a subscription to Interweave knits - someday I'll get the spinning one.  Nothing I'm really dying to try...  I've never used STR, and I just got yarn pirate during sp10...  Hmmm...  I've done wing of the moth, and I plan to do her bee shawl sometime, but have decided whether to do the triangle or the rectangle.  I joined the lacey shawl yahoo group, but haven't bought that pattern yet.  I'd love to try some different fibers, but that only works if there's enough for a project to knit afterwards.  (there, that also gives me husband some ideas for the future)
 

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I recently tried wire knitting - I want to play around some more with that.  I'm usually up for something new...  Just have to find new things ;)
 

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I am a sock knitter.  My husband knits socks for me, so I asked him for my measurements.  They are about 8" around and  about 9 1/2" from tip of toe to heel.
 

23. When is your birthday?

April 8


24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

workbasket (but remember not to list me as a friend if you're on there until the end, cuz then I'll know who you are!)

No comments: