Monday, August 06, 2007
Bernat Soft Boucle: 1 skein soft taupe, westport shades, moss shades, and misty shades
Hold two strands together, beginning with light brown and green
1. CO 6 circular (figure 8 or crochet method)
2. Increase round - *k in front and back* 2 times, k1, repeat. (10 )
3. Mark either side of 2nd, 5th, 7th, and 10th stitches.
4. Knit around, making one before and after each marker (increase 8, 18 stitches total)
5. Knit around plain.
6. Knit around, making one before and after each marker (increase 8, 26 stitches total)
7. Knit around plain.
8. Knit around, making one only on one side of each corner - after the first corner, before the second corner, after the third corner, and before the fourth corner. (increase 4, 30 stitches total)
9. Knit around plain.
10. Continue in this pattern - increasing every other row (knitting plain otherwise). Increase on both sides of corners two times, then on one side of corners, the long side, the third increase round.
increases should continue in this method.
increase 8 is referred to as a square increase, increase 4 is referred to as a rectangular increase
continue knitting around plain between increase rows
square increase - 38 stitches total
square increase - 46 stitches total
rectangular increase - 50 stitches total
square - 58 sts
square - 66 sts
rectangle - 70 sts
S - 78
S - 86
R - 90
cut green yarn, join blue. continue with light brown and blue.
cut blue, join dark brown. continue with light brown and dark brown.
continue knitting around, working in seed stitch along each side.
As the light brown ran out, I joined a second strand of dark brown and began the bind off, working appropriate increase during bind off.
Count should be (if I counted right), 38 stitches along the short sides, and 58 stitches along the long sides.