Friday, October 10, 2008

Two and a Half Months Ago (Tour de Fleece)

The Tour de Fleece Wrap-up (kindof)

I started with this yarn

c*eye*ber fiber
FireSky (100% BFL)
8.7 ounces (246 g)
1423 feet (474.33 yards)
(DK to worsted weight)
I have already used this in projects (pictures next time perhaps) and it is gone!

Second, I did this yarn

Stony Mountain Fibers
Red (Merino/Tencel Top 70/30)
4.25 ounces (120 g)
1043 feet (347.66 yards)
(DK weight)


Then I made this:


Turn into this:

Stony Mountain Fibers
Sage/Daffodil (Merino I believe)
8.1 ounces (229 g)
436 feet (145 yards)
(Bulky or Chunky, whatever)

I wasn't trying for any particular weight, just trying to make it softer and bouncier. I finally did a kind of long draw (I'm usually a short draw kind of girl) and I really like how it came out. I've made one thing with this yarn, but there is still something planned and yarn left!


And finally, at the end of July, I did this:

Stony Mountain Fibers, not measured yet! (still in hank) It is very pretty black with different colors shinning through, it's just don't photograph well.


So from the 4th of July until the 26th I believe, with the support of my family, and very little knitting getting done, I spun these:




...and haven't spun since, but that will be changing very soon!

1 comment:

the boogeyman's wife said...

such lovely yarn! the sage/daffodil had much darker threads in it than i was expecting from the fiber shot.