Sunday, January 06, 2008

S is for...

Smiles!



I finished the Christmas hat (remember, the yarn was given to me for Christmas for this specific purpose). Curly was very excited to see how happy Lily was with the hat. She plans to wear it ice skating this week and although she didn't want it to cover her ears (so she could still hear) she likes it on her and thinks it is wonderful.


I was hoping that S would be for Socks (as in finished husband's socks). We got a new scale right after Christmas and I keep weighing the yarn that is left. Last week I went from 42 to 37, and then from 37 to 32, and then down to 26 and 21, then 17 and today I went from 16 to 12 grams, and I am still working. I have to go take the three hour glucose test tomorrow morning, so I am planning to bring them with me if they aren't already done! (...and maybe something else to work on also?) They will be done soon, and will hopefully fit him well.



S is also for Spinning and Slippers. Can you tell I kept putting projects for my husband off while finishing other things that needed to be done? I am still spinning sporadically and will hopefully get enough yarn done to ply soon - but it might be a little while.


I am slowly working through all of my current WIPs and checking things off of my list, which is nice. I am also getting ideas for new projects, but I am trying to put those off until I have another one or two done.

One thing I was glad to pull out of my basket was a ball of yarn with a pair of US10 straights in it. Lily has decided she wants to learn to knit again. (Perhaps something to do with the sale we went to at Creative Fibers where her dad said no more yarn until she actually knits something - she has two or three balls already) Well, this time when she picked it up and sat with me for a while she seemed to get it. I try to remember to check her work often and fix any little mistakes before they become huge problems, but she is working on a barbie dress she plans to give to her sister, and is looking forward to being done with that and starting something new.


S is also for scrubbing. I've joined a ravelry group that focuses on reclaiming the home (my husband asked what I'm reclaiming it from, but that's another story...) I'm slowly working my way through some small tasks (and some not so small tasks) that have been needing to be done. I sorted through the girls clothes, I cleaned out the linen closet and the bathroom cupboard, and I'm scrubbing areas in different rooms when I notice them instead of putting them off for later...


Back to sock knitting...

4 comments:

aksunflour said...

The hat is so cute!
Careful- one just might say you are "nesting".

good luck w/the glucose test- YUCK!

Anonymous said...

Cool!

E said...

What a great looking hat! You knit that up really quickly.

Anonymous said...

Super cute! I like it! And I'm with you on the reclaiming and decluttering and what not - just have to feel a bit better to get it started, I think.