Sunday, January 13, 2008

T is for...

Terrific!




They are done! (and have been for almost a week.... bad blogger!)



They fit, mostly. They are a bit tight to get on, and the ribbing could have used a few less increases, but they do fit. They can be worn without problems... just tips for the next pair (as my sweet husband put it).



...and that's how much yarn I had left.


To recap, this was yarn I spun from fiber I got from Yarn or a Tale. I spun some of it into three ply, and most? of it into two ply. These socks used up all the two ply (I still have the three ply.. I should check how much I have). I knit them using US0 and one of the Cat Bordhi master patterns. I knit from the toe-up so I could make the most use of the yarn. I had to reknit one of the socks to the heel when they didn't match (size-wise), but then I stuck them both on the same circular needle and knit them both up so I didn't have to keep exact track of where I put the increases. Yay! I was so excited to be done with them... I took them with me to my three-hour glucose test and finished one of them there, and the other one later that same day (last monday).



T is also for Test Pattern:





Lily has learned how to knit! She finished her first project (with help from mom) and has actually started her next one already. This first one was a barbie dress (obviously). She used US10 and knit garter for a rectangle of about 3" by 5" and then I picked up stitches along the long side and increased 3 in each for about 60 stitches and joined them into a circle. She then knit around and around for about 4 more inches of stockinette (including a band of knitting on the wrong side (purls) - design element anyone?) and then learned to purl for real and did some seed stitch for about an inch and then handed it to me to bind off loosely. I then made some sleeves out of 5 stitch I cord and attached them. After trying it on a doll I crocheted a bit of a neckline and then braided some yarn into a tie and laced up the back.

Curly loves her new barbie dress and as I said, Lily has started a baby blanket now (hoping it will take less than 12 weeks to make of course).



T is also for Trial and Error...




My husband's old hat doesn't fit anymore (perhaps it got washed?) so I was talking to him about different options. We decided that instead of immediately making a new hat he would try just a band to keep his ears warm first. As we traveled to Dick Blicks yesterday for him to get some supplies (a bit long of a trip for us) so I brought my needles. After casting on the baby blanket for Lily (70 stitches on US9s) I started a band of ribbing...well, it was a bit big (as I couldn't measure his head since he was driving), so that got ripped out and I started again and finished later last night. We'll see how it works as we should be getting a big storm tonight if the weather people are right.



Here is the before pictures of my kitchen. I am participating in a deep clean challenge on ravelry and have worked on different tasks every day this week. The kitchen has one more week of work before I take the after shots, but there is a big difference already I think.




It doesn't look that bad... but the clutter... yuck! Sometime after Friday I'll post the after shots for comparison.

2 comments:

jbb said...

Such cute items! I took pictures of the girl wearing her Christmas item. I still need to get pictures of the husband wearing his. But we've had sickness. I'll try to send soon. As always, I'm very impressed!

the boogeyman's wife said...

congrats on finishing the socks! way to use up (almost) every last inch.
the kitchen doesn't look bad at all, but i know what you mean about clutter. we still have some post-travel clutter, and (still) some new house clutter. i'm working on making it go away.