Monday, April 09, 2007

Just a flesh wound

Yeah, so in the great spirit of Monty Python- I'm not dead yet...

I have another nasty cold, along with various other physical ailments, but I am surviving, getting proper medical attention, and lots of sleep. I just kindof haven't been up to changing the batteries in the camera, or in blogging. Let's hope the corner has been rounded yet again.



I have finished the ripple baby blanket! Of course, I totaled up the people who are expected that I am planning to knit for and have a grand total in the side column of 4 bears (and 3 more blankets), but that's okay, because most of them are MONTHS away....


I managed to spin the wool blend from Criations (the roving that looks braided). Sorry for the bad picture - old batteries, new ones tomorrow.

It turned into a nice 3-ply, which I can't find the yardage written anywhere, so I'll have to remeasure it sometime. ...about 9 or 10 wpi. nice and soft :)


I also finished all four monkey appendages. Well, I am working on the tail still, does that qualify as an appendage? I'll just finish that up and then work on fingers, toes, face, and ummm... that might be it? No pictures yet....

AND...



...I won something!

One of the other blogs I read (one of the mommy ones rather than one of the many many crafty ones) spotlights a mom business every month and gives away a nice prize. These arrived very quickly and are SO comfy. My almost three year old has a thing for my shoes, and she's already deemed these very worthy of walking around in.

I've also got many wonderful birthday things to show off, and some more sewing done, but no pictures yet. So hopefully another post soon - with better pictures!

No comments: