Wednesday, February 25, 2009

...been working

I finished a little blanket and bear for a baby shower I went to.






I usually love the way these baby gifts turn out, and this one was no exception. I thought this combo was especially cute!


My husband discovered The Loopy Ewe (which I tried to tell him about almost a year ago, but he just wasn't ready for it). He did his first order, which included a couple of Wendy Knits sock patterns (big hit - can't wait for her book!) ...and since he was already going to order, he kindly put this in the cart for me:



Isn't it pretty? It's called Little Fish and it's from Enchanted Knoll Farm. Of course, I hadn't ordered from The Loopy Ewe yet, so now that I know how quickly it comes.... I believe he already has a cart waiting, waiting of course for the new knee socks from Wendy Knits (Catriona) to hit the store - as soon as they do, the cart will be on its way to us.


Of course, he made that order purposefully before his business trip to Japan. He had a week between when the patterns got here and when he left - so he whipped up a sock:



I think he was even surprised by how fast it worked up, and then he knit its match while in that super-long-when-is-this-going-to-end flight, finishing it up (weaving in ends, etc) while recovering from jetlag.

Details for all projects on Ravelry because, really, if you care about details, you should be on there by now.

1 comment:

Arkansas Bartholomews said...

Oh, by the way, I keep meaning to tell you that I've run into some Alpaca breeders and shearers down here. Though, he says that there are a lot of such places up your neck of the woods, so you've probably got a more direct line on raw wool. =) Take care!