Monday, January 14, 2008

U is for...

Unique!



I think this is a major reason why I knit, spin, cook, garden, pretty much any of my hobbies. The goal in each of them is something unique. Something that can not be mass produced (even veggies - they are different because they were grown here). I have been working on this scarf for a *long time*. It has been the project that got cast aside whenever there was something more interesting to do.



It is awesome to be done. I love how it looks. I have a couple of other projects waiting in the wings to be finished also (Lily heard I was done and immediately asked if I was working on one of the specific other projects), but I think I'm going to take a little while to savor this one.



If you remember, there were some problems early on (well, earlier on). If you look closely you can see a couple of the spots that had to be fixed (as they don't quite match the pattern). Also, as I was lightly blocking it (wet, but no pins) I noticed another spot in the same area and fixed it quickly. I'll have to keep an eye on it and patch any spots that start to hole up. I don't think it will be a problem now though. There was a slightly different gauge in the beginning section compared to the last section, but once again, that just means it is unique. It's not like I'm putting this in a show or gifting it. It is MINE :)



That's how much I had left. I maybe could have fit in one more 20 row pattern, but I wanted to make sure I had enough, plus some left over for those pesky patches if I need to.

I used US2 needles and knitpicks alpaca cloud. The pattern is one of the Elizabethan scarves designed by JoLene M. Treace. I think this is Dainty Bess but I could be wrong.

Like I said, I think I'll spend a day or two savoring being done. I might, however, do some simple swatches tonight.... or maybe some spinning... nothing too complicated though!

No comments: