Tuesday, October 23, 2007

L is for...

a LONG TIME!

oh my goodness, so much time has gone by since I last blogged. I started a pair of socks for my husband out of yarn I spun. I have one heel done, and the second sock is starting the gusset increases. I'm working toe-up following one of cat bordhi's master patterns in her book.

I also completed a baby blanket and bear (sweater in planning) for my neighbor, who's little girl is now a week old.

...and since I won the contest, my husband drove the family to Rhinebeck! We spent at least 6 hours there on saturday, and while everyone was worn out and ready to go, no one was running for the car. Full report (along with pictures of purchases) soon. Lily has been sniffly for a couple days and I think it's hitting me now.

Oh, and I also got samples spun of wool, alpaca, and wool/alpaca. I knit up three small squares and now just need to felt them to see if it's the right guage, and if my sweet husband likes them for his slippers - and then i'm adding that project into my wips pile.

Yeah, pictures of all of this soon... I just didn't want to delay this post any more in case the sniffles hit me. I promise - not another week break between posts!

4 comments:

Arkansas Bartholomews said...

whoo! Ya! you're back! ;)

I was getting very bored without computer interaction to distract me from house work. I even broke down and washed some dishes!

(-= Glad to hear you've been enjoying life.

Anonymous said...

rhinebeck was a good prize! i never heard of it before this year, but it sounds like fun. sounds like you all enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous you went to Rhinebeck... I wish we had something like it over here...
Hope the sniffles dont take too much hold.

SP

Anonymous said...

I missed your blog...