Ok, so although I never really sign up for things, I sometimes do like to participate. The Tour De Fleece for instance, is a spinning challenge to set some goals for yourself and spin every day of the tour de france (July 5 - July 26). Last year I managed to spin four different yarns. Three of those four yarns have now been knit up, which is a very happy ratio. The orange became a bag, the sage and daffodil yarn became mittens and a cowl (the mittens are loved by Lily, the cowl - not so much), and the red yarn became Noel's scarf.
This year I would like to:
1. Finish the April yarn pirate roving (5/16 done, working on number 6 during the first couple days of TdF). I've been spinning it on a spindle and plan to navajo ply it on the wheel to get a sock weight yarn.
2. Spin the purple wool that was just bought at the Ma sheep and wool for Curly's sweater
3. Spin either some brown (alpaca) or gray (superwash) for a sweater for an adult
4. Spin one additional braid of pretty wool in my stash
5. Start some more silk (hankies?) on my featherweight spindle
6. Spin some (at least 10 min) every day
I'm not sure I'll finish all of these goals, but at least they are out in front of me now, so I can keep an eye on them. So far I have done the spinning every day by working on the April roving on my spindle. the only problem is I have a lot of knitting I want to get done in this same time-span. ...and some sewing, and some gardening, and exercise, and family time... yeah. We'll see how well I can juggle these goals with the rest of my life!
What are your hobby goals for July? Come on... other than normal daily things that HAVE to get done, what are you trying to do this month?