Thursday, November 30, 2006

Bamboo is done!!


I finished the last of the bamboo... It's been a long process over the last couple of days, trying to speed card and then enjoy the spinning. Thankfully my children cooperated and the housework was put on hold. After so long of it sitting in the box, I could feel it itching to get out and be done. I thought it would be last night, but instead I hid the last of the bats and went to sleep and finish it this morning. Funny enough, I have already started a shawl with it.. I picked up the pattern this morning at Creative Fibers. I kindof knew what I wanted since I've been scoping out all sorts of patterns and objects online while spinning the last bit. Unfortunately I've only done about the first 30 rows, since I've been trying to finish the wool/felting baby blanket.

I have about 4 balls this size, and then a couple of really smaller ones from my first burst of bamboo spinning (ummm, 6 months ago?). I really don't know what I'll do with whatever is left from the shawl - we'll just have to wait and see how much that is...

No comments: