Friday, December 01, 2006

While I'm at it...


I figured that while I was showing off finished yarn I'd show off half finished yarn.... This is just the smallest little bit of dark brown almost black wool I have - bought multiple pounds and I will slowly (?) be cleaning, carding, and spinning this. Unfortunately when I was spinning the bamboo I needed the bobbin this was on (note: need to go buy more bobbins after christmas) and I didn't want to run the risk of it rubbing any color/dirt on the bamboo, so i took the single off and cleaned it and hanked it up. I think I'll have enough for a sweater when I'm done with it all, I'm thinking something cable-y and aran-like... but first I have to make it into a nice pretty consistent yarn... This is a great first step though! - sorry for the shiny out of focus picture!

No comments: