Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Time

...because I needed one more project, I started to sew some skirts for my girls (actually, because they needed Sunday appropriate clothing for church and I didn't want to search in stores for hours because I want cheap *and* modest) I machine sewed through a couple skirts yesterday, but had to put my machine away for the rest of the week, so I'm now seeing what I can hand-stitch through and I'm actually remembering how much I enjoy hand sewing.

...I'm trying to figure out how to fit strawberry picking into the next week or two

...I really need to go start dinner (eggplant beef stew and fresh bread) because although both of those are so simply easy to make they both require me to start them many hours before when I want to eat

...I love my new triangle bag my friend gave me - not only is it quite cute, it fits one of my knitting projects, allowing me to change one of my other bags to a sewing bag (see note one above)

...The tornado clean up continues. We have power and clear streets and life is pretty much back to normal for us and 86% (made up statistic) of the city, but if you drive through one of the parts that was directly hit it is devastating and heartbreaking still.

...I realised I'm feeling a bit gun-shy on filling the fridge and freezer since we spent those days without power (and then lost if for several hours during the severe thunderstorm a week later) but I will need to do a massive shopping trip sooner or later, before my husband gets tired of picking up a couple things at the store a couple times a week on his way home from work.

...I really like my Turkish Delight spindle that we bought a couple of years ago. I'm spinning on it when I have a few minutes here and there and it's so much fun

...I noticed that even though my good reads list isn't down where I wanted it to be per my goal for the year I only have 14 books (out of a current 56) that were on there as of January, so I've almost reached the spirit of the goal (reading what's on the list instead of having books that I actually want to read live there for years) and since the list is only there to help me so I don't have to remember all the books I want to read - I'm feeling very good about that!

...I need to go eat lunch before our weekly library trip

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I vote we add a few extra hours to each day! I'm so glad you and your family weren't hit by the tornado! I know what it's like to be without electricity for over a week because of a natural disaster, though, and I know how exciting it is when the light switch and hot water start working again!

Carla