Friday, April 06, 2012

Food Friday: Corn Casserole

Since Noel asked for this recipe I thought I'd just post it!  Although it's so not healthy by the time you add the butter and sour cream this really is a yummy alternative to corn bread.  I often add the entire 16oz of sour cream (especially if I don't have anything planned for the other half) and it turns out fine, I also usually make this in my square glass pan,  just make sure the middle is not gooey - if you make those two changes you might need to cook it a few more minutes!

 
CORN CASSEROLE
 
1 can cream corn
1 can whole kernel corn (partly drained)
8 oz sour cream
1 stick margarine - melted
2 eggs
1 box Jiffy Corn muffin mix
 
Mix Together sour cream and margarine.  Butter a 1 1/2 qt casserole dish (or 9 x 13 pan).  Add ingredients - Mix together.  Back at 350.  35-45 minutes.



No comments: