Tuesday, December 05, 2006

More wool to play with

No picture, but then again, I don't know that you'd want one... I picked up some old wool from my mom today - she still has a number of fleece in big black bags that are more than 20 years old. They clean up fairly well, but I have no clue any information about them other than those facts (wool, very old, cleans up pretty). This is actually where I got the wool that I made green and orange/red. This time I am planning to card and then dye and then spin... we'll see how well that works out. My original goal is a pretty color scarf for child 1. Depending on how long it takes to dry it might be warm by the time I finish... Once I'm knitting then I'll decide how big to make it :)

So today I did step one and washed a nice amount - now we just wait a couple days for it to dry, while I keep working on my other in-progress projects.

No comments: