Monday, June 21, 2010

Welcome Baby

In the ongoing process of catching up and then trying to keep up, I noticed I hadn't ever posted this blanket/bear combo...



I loved making this blanket. I knew I was going to make something for this new baby, and the mother mentioned that she had been looking through patterns because grandma wanted to make something also, so I asked her to send a pattern she liked my way.



I did spend a tiny bit extra to make this out of cotton, like the pattern called for, and I'm so glad I did. It was fun to work with and made a gorgeous finished baby blanket.




Even though this wasn't a first baby for the family we wanted to welcome her and so we had a casual fun shower, about three weeks after she was born. Since I had all the extra time I had the blanket and bear done ahead of time.



Since I still had time left before the day of the shower, I had a lot of fun embellishing the bear and the outfit. My kids all loved the bear and were sad to see it go.



I think this is one of my favorite combinations...

1 comment:

kcobb said...

We LOVE them...thanks again!!!