Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Two Ten on Tuesdays

So, I missed last week's Ten on Tuesday - and although I have another post or two coming later this week hopefully I figured I should catch up a bit!

Last week was ten things on your nightstand:
1. My alarm clock
2. My reading lamp
3. Current book I'm reading
4. Pile of next books I'm planning to read
5. Sometimes a box of tissues - when allergies hit I better have a box near me or I can never sleep
6. New Testament - which I'm still on target for my goal this year of a chapter a day
7. A coaster for a glass of water or herbal tea
8. A small basket that holds bookmarks and random little odds and ends so they don't spread out and fall
9. The current book I'm reading aloud to my kids - we just finished 'Hero and the Crown' and we're now reading 'Little House on the Prairie'
10. Many many other books - my nightstand is a small bookcase my sweet husband finished for me and holds all my craft books, old magazines, and writing books


and this week's Ten on Tuesday is my ten favorite Oscar winning movies...

Let's see if I can find ten Oscar winners that I really like!
(looking only at the list of Best Picture Winners)

1. Gone with the Wind
2. Casablanca
3. Around the World in 80 days
4. The Bridge on the River Kwai
5. West Side Story
6. My Fair Lady
7. Sound of Music
8. Gandhi
9. A Beautiful Mind
10. The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

No comments: