Monday, September 24, 2012

Sweater for Lily (and a contest)

I'm almost caught up with everything that happened during my vacation - just a couple more posts - but today I thought I'd tell you what I've been working on lately.  My oldest daughter is now 10 1/2.  She doesn't request many knit projects.  I think this is partly because she also knows how to knit, and partly because she is just content with what she has.  At the end of the summer she asked if I could use the yarn she had chosen at two different festivals and make her a sweater.

Since these two skeins were each a pair of adult socks worth of yarn  I didn't think there would be enough.  Luckily I had other sock yarn that would coordinate in color. 

I started about August 21st.  I have now finished the body and most of one sleeve.  Once the sleeves are done I will still need to do the collar and the button (zipper?) band.  There might be some patch pockets - or there might not.  She was hoping it would be done earlier this month - it obviously wasn't.  I am working on it, but I also know 5 pregnant women  - and I usually knit or crochet something for baby showers (3 of the 5 are before the end of Nov). 

So, here's the contest.  When do you think her sweater will be done.  The person with the closet guess (completely done - all ends woven in, pockets attached if we choose to add them, zipper sewn or buttons on, etc) will win a prize. It doesn't matter if your guess is before or after the finished time, the winner will just be the one closest.

All guesses must be placed in the comments of this post.  The prize will either be a skein of handspun (if the winner is crafty), or one small project (bulky hat, dishcloth, etc - if the winner is not crafty)

Guesses can be placed here any time this week.  Comments made after Saturday Sept 29th will not be entered into the contest.  Anyone (family/friends/strangers) is welcome to enter. 

There is one other way to enter the contest - if you send someone else here and they mention you when they enter you can have a bonus entry!

6 comments:

The Metzgers said...

Um, I saw the sweater recently...... I'm going to say October 3rd.

Rita said...

I'm going to say Halloween (October 31).

Unknown said...

My guess is Thanksgiving... not that I doubt that you are a fast knitter but knitting a sweater with sock weight yarn... and being a SAHM and a homeschooling mom... god bless you!

Unknown said...

I've seen how close you are, and how fast you knit. I'm going to say October 12th.

Ericka said...

I will guess October 20th :)

Lucy said...

Lisa tried her best to enter on time and then called in her entry to me before the deadline. She is going for October 26th.