Thursday, February 23, 2012

My pick for bookclub

About once every 9-13 months over the past 8 years I have picked a book for bookclub.

My choices have varied over the years
....

The book I picked this month is definitely not for everyone, but it was an interesting suspenseful book. It was 'Before I go to Sleep' by S.J. Watson, and here are two quotes from it:

“We’re constantly changing facts, rewriting history to make things easier, to make them fit in with our preferred version of events. We do it automatically. We invent memories. Without thinking. If we tell ourselves something happened often enough we start to believe it, and then we can actually remember it.”


“I cannot imagine how I will cope when I discover that my life is behind me, has already happened, and I have nothing to show for it. No treasure house of collection, no wealth of experience, no accumulated wisdom to pass on. What are we, if not an accumulation of our memories?”

Choose one of the quotes and tell me what it means to you!

No comments: