Friday, March 09, 2012

Fiction Friday: Einstein

Today's book is actually non-fiction. I've been meaning to read it for about 9 months, but it's big and intimidating, and I borrowed it from someone who said no rush, so I kept putting it off and reading books that were due from the library. I finally decided recently that enough was enough so I started reading it, took a couple weeks off, and then finished reading it this past week or two. I finished last night:



Here's some thought provoking Einstein quotes:

Speaking of the discovery of one of his theories: "The thought is amusing and seductive; but for all I know, the good Lord might be laughing at the whole matter and might have been leading me up the garden path."

An entertaining observation as I start cutting out some junk food: "The mass of a body is a measure of its energy content."

He was able to come up with ideas for his theories because he believed: "Nature is the realization of the simplest conceivable mathematical ideas"

When times got hard he told a friend: "Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving."

He worked for years at the end of his life trying to figure out a unified theory, but never did. "Every man may take comfort from the fine saying that the search for truth is more precious than its possession"

No comments: