Friday, March 16, 2012

Food Friday: Birthday Cake

For the birthday we had last week (she's now double digits!) we had two cakes. One of them was the chocolate cherry cupcakes I've already shared the recipe for. We brought those to chess club on her birthday and had them at the end of dinner that night. The other cake was made for her party. Lily is much more adventurous when it comes to cakes than the rest of us. She often picks a recipe out of my cake doctor books and has me go for it while the rest of the family will only choose ones we know and love for our birthdays. Her cake was so yummy though!



It was a Macadamia Fudge Torte (although we made it with pecans instead of Macadamias). It was in my original cake doctor book, and it reminded my husband of our favorite chocolate scones (probably because they both are chocolate with cinnamon, but they do also taste similarly besides that).

No comments: