Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ten on Tuesday: Songs for a Great Mood

Ten Songs that put me in a Great Mood
(I guess a Great Mood is kindof a subjective thing, but I do enjoy myself while listening to these):

1. Tubthumping by Chumbawamba You gotta love getting knocked down, as long as you get up again....

2. I'll Be Waiting by Adele I've been listening to this CD since Christmas and I think this (or fire to the rain) is my favorite on it

3. Keep Your Head Up by Andy Grammer Drop your worries and let your hair down!

4. True Colors by Phil Collins I prefer this one to the Cyndi Lauper version

5.Tonight's gonna be a good night by Black eyed peas just remember, any time you run out of words, just start singing the days of the week Sesame Street style

6. Something to Sing about from Buffy Although I wouldn't recommend this show to just anyone there is something about making it through 5 or 6 seasons and then getting a payoff of a musical show with fun music and funny lyrics that reference the previous seasons. I do enjoy thinking about the difference between someone giving you songs versus something to sing about.

7. King of Anything by Sara Bareilles I love the visual of a map planned out with someone's name on it in all caps

8. 100 Years by Five for Fighting This song remind me of both how long and how short life is

9. The To Do list and Favorite Things by Hilary Weeks there are just some fun silly songs - I should have put a real song of hers on this list, so check some out.

10. The French Revolution (to the tune of Bad Romance by Lady Gaga) My girls watched this recently for school and it's that catchy tune that you love from Lady Gaga but with historical words that the kids can actually sing... It's gotten stuck in my head a few times

No comments: