Wednesday, May 23, 2007

7 Facts Meme

Alrighty, so Tammy tagged me for this meme - 7 random facts about me.

1 I got married when I was 19, which is probably too young for most people but was perfect for me.

2 I love begonias and double impatiens (along with many other flowers - but those are some of my favorite potted flowers)

3 I was co-valedictorian (there was such a tiny difference they co'ed us at the last minute instead of ranking us)

4 I have only attended one year of college - I still plan to learn more at some point (and do so every day informally), but how important a formal degree is for me varies from time to time

5 I love chocolate - dark and milk, flavored or plain, I also love cheesecake, but don't really enjoy it at most places as we have a family recipe that is just so good it's ruined me for anything else.

6 I don't read books. I inhale them usually. I read more non-fiction now then I used to, but I real enjoy fiction. It could be fantasy, sci-fi, mystery, thriller, or just a good novel... I do have my favorites, but I'll save that for another time.

And since I've managed to keep this blog pretty much craft-centric:

7 I learned to needlepoint (plastic canvas), knit, and crochet, all while i was in elementary school (as did my older brother with me). I didn't really knit until high school when I knit a sweater and started an afghan, and then taught my then boyfriend (now husband) how to knit. Spinning was something mom taught me when I was younger at some point and I kindof picked up again when I was married (made felted slippers for her) and then *really* picked up only within the past year or so. It's in my blood I guess, as my mother measures time in crafts (i.e. I have two more hats and then we'll be done watching your brothers volleyball games for the season) and also is trying to resurrect netting. It also makes me laugh as the next generation (my two daughters) make comments about how something is 'as soft as angora' and how they are 'learning to knit - by myself!' (those comments were made by the 5 year old and the almost 3 year old respectively - although the 3 year old is not knitting by herself yet, she just thinks she is)

So there's my 7 things... enjoy... comment... discuss amongst yourselves.... I am supposed to tag 7 others with this, but I think everyone I would tag has already done it, so instead I will post a different meme soon and tag some people with that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sci-Fi/Fantasy are my favourites but I do read books from other genres as well. I am now official home, so I have no excuses not to contact you or send your package today, lol. I'm just getting it ready for it to be sent out right now.

Cheers your secret pal,
The Yarn Geisha