Monday, May 21, 2007

Tent Sale - the damage


The damage wasn't actually that bad.. I had a gift certificate from my birthday and that took the edge off of the price. We got enough for five different projects (2 for me to knit, 2 for my husband, and my older daughter chose some yarn too)


These two yarns were both part of the tent sale. The tan/gray is Elsebeth Lavold Silky Tweed, and the pink is 100% cotton yarn that is a Webs yarn (Pelham I think) - which was on sale for $3 a skein! My husband has plans for both of those - plans to make things for me I believe.


This is knit one, crochet too ambrosia - nice stuff... baby alpaca, silk and cashmere. These are for some fancy lacy socks.


This is Classic Elite Yarns Four Seasons. At 70% cotton 30% wool this will make a nice lacy t-shirt top. Both the top and the socks are going to be from patterns in the new 'knitting lingerie style' book.


This is the yarn my older daughter picked out - bright pink and superwash... sounds like a good plan - she wants to make something for her barbie.


Outside of Webs there were a number of local fiber sellers - there was beautiful yarn and lots of soft different types of wool. There was a booth for a local alpaca farm....

This big bag got put in our car...

Four(?) Pounds of soft beautiful brown alpaca... I took a handful and washed it and spun it and started knitting a barbie skirt.



The color is somewhere between those two photos - and I need to wash another handful to finish the little skirt, and then the bag will probably end up downstairs until I finish a couple more projects.


Next post: actual knitting (both socks are almost done, along with progress on multiple other projects)

1 comment:

tammy said...

I am seriously drooling over all that yarn! And, I'm tagging you for a meme!