Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Virtual Vacation Questions

I do have some finished things to share.. perhaps a post later today - but in the meantime....

Here's the questions (and answers) for this swap - I'll have to remember to link to this post once our matches get sent out.

1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why?
Ummm, some place warm in the winter... like arizona or new mexico, or some place cool in the summer, like minnesota..

2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why?
I really am interested in asian cultures, so maybe a country there. ...or Ireland - that has always been interesting to me also.

3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries?
Yes, I've driven (or navigated) from east to west coast right through the middle (from MA to UT through I90 and I80) and I was part of a trip down to DC (too young to drive)

4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it?
nope

5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why?
Short trip up to NH/Maine with my husband (for our 5 year anniversary) - without kids, no real plans... we ended up beach walking and kayaking and just walking around town.

6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain.
I've seen some of the local sites, not all of them though

7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker?
Hmmm... not so much museum, but i do like to see well-known things in person. I guess I'm more of a lazy sit around beach kind of vacation with a couple of fun things thrown in (I wouldn't want to plan a vacation with nothing but sitting and relaxing.

8. What's your favorite type of yarn?
Something soft, beautiful color (natural color or dyed nicely), and useful - not too bulky - more lace, fingering, sport, and maybe some worsted

9. What's your least favorite type of yarn?
ack. anything that isn't pleasant to knit with... I do use novelty yarns for stuffed teddy bears, but not for much else.

10. What items do you like to knit/crochet?
I do many baby gifts... I do socks, and sweaters and shawls, and ummm, yeah, most things. Look around my blog.

11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation?
At least a sock or other small mindless knitting project - and probably something more complicated for when I want to think.

12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet?
I spin.. I've toyed with dyeing. I know how to net. I do a bit of crocheting (mostly knitting though). Some day I will weave, but not yet.

13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise)
Dogs and Cats. I also don't drink tea or coffee.

14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite?
I wear a lot of blues and greens, but I also love jewel tones and earth tones. I don't like pastels... but my girls love neons and pastels, so anything sent will be loved by someone in the house

15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)?
Sweet usually. Chocolate. Yes. Dark or Milk - very rich or with good stuff in it.. just no coffee or tea stuff in it or with it... it'd have to be passed on to others.

16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know?
Ummm... my whole family is into my crafts, so anything sent will be petted and hugged and maybe swiped away (but I will do my best to protect and keep it! lol) I look forward to hearing from you !

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Aren't baby gifts a lot of fun to make? They are quicker to knit. Another chocolate lover!!!