Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Christmas Slippers



This year I made slippers for my girls using a pattern that is not meant to be felted. They seem to prefer this kind of 'sock slipper' more than the clog slippers they have had before. I managed to finish them before christmas and so I wrapped them up, even though each girl had seen me working on them.



I also managed to make a pair of slippers for my husband. I worked on them during the day while he was at work and then hid them each day before he got home. He knew I had bought the yarn, but was under the assumption that I would be making them after Christmas when things were calm. I still need to sew some fabric on to the bottom so they won't be slick, but they did felt to the right size!


And, not to be left out, the Little Tomato was also given slippers for Christmas - not made by me though! Lily had decided to make him some and stepped up the crafting time in order to get them done and under the tree before the big day.



That left me as the only family member without new slippers, but since I have two pairs that both fit and are still in good shape that was quite alright.

No comments: