Monday, January 23, 2012

An old finished yarn



This is a yarn I finished a while ago during the blog silence and never showed off.

I spun it entirely on a small turkish spindle and then plied it on the wheel because I was impatient.

The small spindle looks like this:



and can be found here. I like it because it's nice enough to really use and small enough to fit anywhere (since it comes apart into three pieces).

I spun most of this yarn while watching tv, waiting for kids, sitting at the library, or some other way half-occupied.

Once I plied it and washed it, I measured it and the yarn looks like a sock weight! It has been a while since I've had a true sock-weight yarn (rather than a slightly thicker but will work for socks), especially one that is three plied.


blue/green turkish spindle spun and plied on the wheel

No comments: