Monday, January 09, 2012

Christmas Sweater

When we had a October 29th snow storm it knocked down many tree limbs and we lost power for a full week. We kept warm and made sure we had enough food and it would have almost been fun if we had known for sure when the power was going to be back on. During the week I realized that the Little Tomato had no sweater. He had outgrown all of his sweaters and sweatshirts and similar items. He had a poncho and a jacket and a coat. While I did like seeing him run around in his poncho, I figured he could use a sweater.

Soon after power was back on I dug out some yarn and started a sweater for him. I had some superwash (machine washable) wool in a color he was willing to approve, it was just a little thin. I tried a swatch with it held double and it was almost close enough to work - so I paid attention and used the stitch count for the size larger than I wanted and all was good. I worked on and off for about 3 weeks and then finally finished.




He refused to put it on and then when I finally got him to wear it he insisted on wearing it every day for over a week. This, however, is the only picture I could get of him wearing it. (It does have a hood that he can put on, you just can't see it in the picture)

No comments: