Friday, November 02, 2007

November 2

If I'm going to keep this post-a-day thing up through at least some of November, then I am going to cut myself some slack on the alphabet and creative title thing. I'll save those for when I'm feeling... ummm... creative?

Today was not one of those days.

This morning I took the girls (well, we had a ride) to the symphony. It was a lunch time performance, so it was selections rather than full pieces. The full performance will be tomorrow night - of this. I enjoyed it. The girls seemed to enjoy it, but have differing opinions when asked tonight. The selections were of three pieces (Smetana, The Moldau; Bernstein, Serenade (After Plato’s Symposium) and Beethoven, Symphony No. 6, Op. 68, in F Major, (Pastoral)). I really enjoyed all of them, and especially liked the way the conductor spoke of each and the way he walked us through each selection so we understood it.

My hand is feeling better, and is healing fine. I even knit a bit today. I have a large bear (made of lion brand homespun) and blanket for my neighbor who had a little girl. I was planning to do a small sweater that would fit on the baby now and the bear later, but the sweater I finished was a bit bigger than I thought it would be.



Since it didn't take too long and I have plenty of yarn left I decided to try again. The first one was done on US6, the second attempt is being done with US3. I am almost done with the body of the second sweater (about 9 rows left). If all goes well this one will be the size I wanted, and fit the baby now. Later it can go on the bear and when she's a bit older she can fit into the bigger sweater and have a matching bear.

I couldn't work on that much during the day today, but I was able to get a lot done during Spiderman 3 tonight. Wow. Not a great movie. Not as bad as I thought it would be from all I heard, just a lot of surface rather than depth (but hey, it's spiderman!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad your hand's better. the sweater looks nice, bummer it was bigger than you wanted. but your solution should work great!

Anonymous said...

Smetana means cream in Czech...which is something I informed our graduate class when I did a summary on some reading (written by someone Smetana). Delicious music, too, eh? I actually heard some of it in Pardubice...