Sunday, November 11, 2007

November 11

First up today, I hope everyone remembered Veterans Day - observed tomorrow in the US of course, but today is the 11th day of the 11th month, take a minute to remember.

Next up, I have swatches to show. These have been done for a while. I need to finish measuring and make sure I know which type my husband wants for his slippers.


The three swatches are a brown alpaca, a dark almost-black wool, and a mixture. Spun up, and then swatched up, and then felted. I guess I should get moving on these, since it's colder now and his birthday is soon (early December).



And finally, since I have not restarted the sock, I have done a bit more on the lace scarf. It is now slightly longer than my arm rest on my knitting chair (big recliner). Since this has been the project that sits in the basket whenever there is something else to do, it has taken me quite a while to get this far, and will perhaps be longer before I finish. Because of that, I believe the gauge will be different between the beginning and the end, but that is completely fine with me.


The scarf, after all, is for me, and it is pretty and lacy, and once finished and blocked, the fact that one end is slightly wider than the other can be a design element, right?

No comments: